- RSS Channel Showcase 4620333
- RSS Channel Showcase 1088345
- RSS Channel Showcase 2758795
- RSS Channel Showcase 6004961
Articles on this Page
- 12/15/15--15:49: _Ashley Madison memb...
- 12/15/15--15:50: _Busiest and quietes...
- 12/15/15--15:51: _Carney vows action ...
- 12/15/15--15:52: _Office Of Financial...
- 12/15/15--16:01: _Qualcomm Nixes Busi...
- 12/15/15--16:24: _PNC Asset Managemen...
- 12/15/15--16:43: _Credit Suisse Hedge...
- 12/15/15--16:44: _Thompson Street Cap...
- 12/15/15--17:00: _BofAML: Majority of...
- 12/15/15--17:09: _UK sporting crowds ...
- 12/15/15--17:20: _Two Sigma Private I...
- 12/15/15--17:23: _Vocational educatio...
- 12/15/15--17:24: _Can a smartphone ch...
- 12/15/15--17:25: _Rate rise: What dif...
- 12/15/15--17:26: _What is the World T...
- 12/15/15--17:27: _VIDEO: Making an 'e...
- 12/15/15--17:28: _VIDEO: What's chang...
- 12/15/15--17:47: _Deep Learning Stock...
- 12/15/15--17:48: _The Multivariate Mi...
- 12/15/15--17:49: _Edgeworth expansion...
- 12/15/15--15:49: Ashley Madison members blackmailed
- 12/15/15--15:50: Busiest and quietest stations revealed
- 12/15/15--15:51: Carney vows action on buy-to-let market
- 12/15/15--16:01: Qualcomm Nixes Business Split After Strategic Review
- 12/15/15--16:24: PNC Asset Management Group Promotes Melcher to CIO
- 12/15/15--17:09: UK sporting crowds top 70m in 2015
- 12/15/15--17:23: Vocational education's global gap
- 12/15/15--17:24: Can a smartphone change the world?
- 12/15/15--17:25: Rate rise: What difference can it make?
- 12/15/15--17:26: What is the World Trade Organization?
- 12/15/15--17:27: VIDEO: Making an 'ethical' smart-phone
- 12/15/15--17:28: VIDEO: What's changed since last Fed rate rise?
Some victims of the Ashley Madison hack are now receiving blackmail letters, demanding cash under threat of exposure.
Britain's busiest and quietest railway stations are revealed by the rail regulator, with one having just 22 entries and exits across the whole of last year.
The Bank of England again expresses concerns about the UK's buy-to-let property market.
The Office of Financial Research (OFR) unveiled its first annual Financial Stability Report today, saying threats to the stability of the U.S. financial system have edged higher over the past year.read more...
Mobile phone chipmaker Qualcomm has decided against an idea, rekindled earlier this year by activist hedge fund Jana Partners, to split into separate chipmaking and technology licensing businesses.read more...
PNC Asset Management Group has promoted Thomas Melcher to chief investment officer.Â read more...
The Credit Suisse Hedge Fund Index gained 0.20% for the month of November, continuing Octoberâs strong result and bringing the measureâs year to date performance back into the green at +0.14%.read more...
Private equity company Thompson Street Capital Partners has closed its latest fund vehicle with $640 million in commitments gathered in under four months.Â read more...
Nearly sixty percent of global institutional investors believe the U.S. Federal Reserve will hike interest rates three or more times over the next twelve months, according to the latest Bank of America Merrill Lynch Fund Manager Survey.read more...
Attendances at professional sports events in the UK topped 70 million this year, up 5% on 2014, according to Deloitte's sports business group.
Great Rock Capital Partners and Two Sigma Private Investments have announced a new specialty lending platform that will provide asset-based and asset-backed loans for middle market companies.read more...
The damaging global 'stigma' against vocational education
Can a smartphone change the world?
Would ordinary Americans be affected by a rate rise?
What is the World Trade Organization?
Dutch start-up Fairphone explains its vision of an 'ethical' mobile phone.
As the US Federal Reserve decides what do about interest rates, BBC News looks at how life has changed since the last rise.
We have applied the Long Short-Term Memory neural network to model S&P 500
volatilities incorporating Google domestic trends as indicators of the public
mood and macroeconomic factors. In the 30% testing data, our Long Short-Term
Memory model gives a mean absolute percentage error of 24.2%, outperforming
linear Ridge/Lasso and autoregressive Garch benchmarks by at least 31%. This
evaluation is done on the optimal observation and normalization scheme which
maximizes the mutual information. Our preliminary investigation shows strong
potential to better understand stock behaviors using deep learning neural
The Multi Variate Mixture Dynamics model is a tractable, dynamical,
arbitrage-free multivariate model characterized by transparency on the
dependence structure, since closed form formulae for terminal correlations,
average correlations and copula function are available. It also allows for
complete decorrelation between assets and instantaneous variances. Each single
asset is modelled according to a lognormal mixture dynamics model, and this
univariate version is widely used in the industry due to its flexibility and
accuracy. The same property holds for the multivariate process of all assets,
whose density is a mixture of multivariate basic densities. This allows for
consistency of single asset and index/portfolio smile. In this paper, we
generalize the MVMD model by introducing shifted dynamics and we propose a
definition of implied correlation under this model. We investigate whether the
model is able to consistently reproduce the implied volatility of FX cross
rates, once the single components are calibrated to univariate shifted
lognormal mixture dynamics models. We compare the performance of the shifted
MVMD model in terms of implied correlation with those of the shifted Simply
Correlated Mixture Dynamics model where the dynamics of the single assets are
connected naively by introducing correlation among their Brownian motions.
Finally, we introduce a model with uncertain volatilities and correlation. The
Markovian projection of this model is a generalization of the shifted MVMD
In this paper, we study the Edgeworth expansion for a pre-averaging estimator
of quadratic variation in the framework of continuous diffusion models observed
with noise. More specifically, we obtain a second order expansion for the joint
density of the estimators of quadratic variation and its asymptotic variance.
Our approach is based on martingale embedding, Malliavin calculus and stable
central limit theorems for continuous diffusions. Moreover, we derive the
density expansion for the studentized statistic, which might be applied to
construct asymptotic confidence regions.